Friday, February 3, 2012

My 2011

    I have not blogged in a while. I would like to do it more often. It is a good way for me to document how God has had his hand ever present in my life.
    In 2011 I was granted so many great blessings. I graduated with a degree in Interior Design, I was hired as a designer at Kitchen Distributors Inc, and I met my best friend (and boyfriend) Jacob.
    School was never really my thing. I was always the kid getting moved around the classroom for talking to much. No matter where I was moved I seemed to have something to talk about with whomever I sat next to. My sweet parents were always very understanding, and very proud of the B average I brought home every semester. My dad would say, "I can't be mad at you, you enjoyed the finer social aspects that school had to offer. Just like I did." It wasn't due to a lack of intelligence I would just rather spend time with people, with family, than to lock myself away for hours and do homework. But in May 2011 I did it. After 4 years of intense studios, and logging hundreds of work hours on projects. I finished school forever.
     I graduated on Saturday May 14th, and the Monday after I got a call from Kitchen Distributors. After 2 interviews they offered me the opportunity to join them as one of their designers. I was very happy, and also very relieved. Knowing how difficult finding a job is I knew this was a "God Thing". I have now been with Kitchen Distributors for 8 months, and I love it here! I love getting to build relationships with clients and always getting to meet new people. Designing kitchens is really fun!!
     When I started my 1st big kid job I was really excited to be single, and let God teach me adult life in a town that I only knew from a college student's perspective. I started working in the summer, and some of my other "young professional" friends invited me to play summer league softball. Sign me up! Paying softball is how I met Jacob. Being on a softball team was a fun way to start getting to know one another, and it made for a good excuse to see each other in the beginning. We have been dating since July, and I know that God has put Jacob in my life according to His timing. Jacob is a wonderful man that I am honored to know. We are enjoying "spending time on the porch" learning about each other. We are excited to let God lead us to what He has next in our life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment